MUS 260 - Sound Engineering III
This course is part three of the four-semester sequence in Sound Engineering. Introduction to the techniques of engineering and supervising a recording session using the Pro Tools sound recording system is presented. The course focuses on how to: organize a recording session, record midi data, produce a song and/or sound track, organize a session and integrate proper effects into recording projects.
Prerequisites: MUS 160 Sound Engineering I and MUS 161 Sound Engineering II
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Track and edit full band sessions.
2. Implement advanced mixing techniques.
3. Mastering audio tracks and prepare them for replication.
4. Demonstrate different roles in the recording studio, such as an engineer and a producer.
5. Incorporate advanced Pro Tools techniques in the studio and during mixing.
6. Integrate reason 8 using rewire in Pro Tools.
[Add to Portfolio]