CLT 295 - Seminar in Laboratory Technology
A capstone course that reviews the knowledge base, didactic theory, laboratory skills applicable to the clinical lab, and ethical evolution of the profession. Preparation of professional portfolio, practice for certification examinations, and preparation of public education presentation included.
Corequisites: CLT 240 Clinical Affiliation I, CLT 241 Clinical Affiliation II, CLT 242 Clinical Affiliation III
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Recognize and utilize professionalism in all communications and submissions.
2. Create a personal portfolio, including a resume and cover letter suitable for clinical laboratory employment.
3. Review of all content areas of histotechnology.
4. Discuss strategies to navigate and succeed in a new career environment.
5. Review test taking strategies with computer adaptive testing.
6. Evaluate areas of strength and weakness in preparation for national certification examinations.
7. Discuss key issues within the field in a way that would make sense to a lay audience.
[Add to Portfolio]