Jul 19, 2018
CLT 215 - Phlebotomy Practicum
A practical application of phlebotomy techniques in a clinical laboratory setting or health care environment. The course focuses on safety, quality control, communication, interpersonal skills, and ethical considerations relating to patients. Clinical hours: 160 hours total.
Prior or Concurrent: CLT 204 Fundamental Phlebotomy and CLT 214 Specialized Phlebotomy, and permission of the CLT advisor
10.6 Clinical Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Follow proper safety guidelines in the laboratory at all times.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills with patients, laboratory personnel and other health care personnel.
- Demonstrate competence in performing phlebotomy and phlebotomy procedures as specified in the associated clinical objectives list.
- Perform a minimum of 100 successful unaided venipuncture collections.
- Complete at least 144 hours of clinical time in an accredited healthcare facility.
- Observe and describe the organization and functioning of a typical clinical laboratory.
[Add to Portfolio]