May 27, 2020
BUS 124 - Financial Fraud Investigation
Nature, detection, investigation of fraud in organizations of all types and sizes. Forensic accounting techniques and methods for investigation, inquiry and recognition. Also includes examination of fraud related to consumers, bankruptcy, divorce, taxes and identity theft. This course may use computer simulations and outside speakers.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Define fraud and distinguish between civil and criminal fraud.
- Recognize and identify who commits fraud.
- Identify warning signs of fraud.
- Perform a basic fraud audit.
- Perform net worth calculations on fraud suspects.
- Prepare a fraud report.
- Analyze and solve fraud prevention, detection, and investigation scenarios.
- Recognize financial statement fraud exposures.
- Analyze and compute the effects of financial statement fraud on net income.
- Search for revenue-related, inventory, and cost of goods sold related fraud schemes.
- Identify the various ways in which employees, vendors, and customers steal company assets.
- Identify different bankruptcy, divorce, and tax fraud schemes.
Add to Portfolio