BUS 246 - Principles of Management
Principles of managerial practices. Planning, organizing, directing and controlling. Exposes students to proper methods and techniques to achieve employee and job satisfaction. Topics covered include scientific management, behavioral theory and introduction to management science.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Analyze the basic management function.
2. Define management as a component of the overall organizational process.
3. Discuss historical and current management perspectives and understand the evolution of management as an art and science.
4. Explain organizational structure and design.
5. Assess management skills, such as stress and time management, communication, motivation, delegation, appraising performance, and handling conflict.
6. Critique the theorectical basis of current management thought and practices.
[Add to Portfolio]