BUS 244 - Employment Law
An introductory study of employment law. Emphasis on statutory interpretation, case law and the overall legal environment, and legislation intent. Lecture and discussion.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain the basic concepts of employment law.
2. Explain various existing statutory language and its effect on the citizen and institution.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of legal terminology not common to the layperson through classroom discussion and assignments.
4. Analyze how employment law effects the work place environment.
5. Define ever-increasing legislation affecting the world of work.
6. Demonstrate the importance of employment law principles as a segment of the national labor relations environment.
[Add to Portfolio]