May 19, 2019
CLT 202L - Urinalysis & Body Fluids Lab
A practical application of the urinary system and formation of other bodily fluids. Emphasis is on the performance, interpretation and clinical significance of routine and special test procedures.
Corequisite: CLT 202 Urinalysis & Body Fluids
1 Laboratory Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Follow proper safety guidelines in the laboratory at all times.
- Explain the collection and handling procedures for urine and body fluids.
- Perform the physical, chemical and microscopic examination of urine and body fluids performed by the clinical laboratory.
- Understand the test metholdologies used in the chemical analysis of urine.
- Identify commonly seen urinary crystals, cells and casts.
- Perform a CSF and other body fluid cell count and morphology and understand the clinical significance of these tests.
[Add to Portfolio]