Mar 22, 2019
CLT 201L - Hematology & Coagulation Lab
A practical application of the hematopoietic and coagulation systems. Emphasis is on the performance, interpretation and clinical significance of routine and special test procedures.
Corequisite: CLT 201 Hematology & Coagulation
1 Laboratory Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Follow proper safety guidelines in the laboratory at all times.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the general principles and techniques of basic manual hematology procedures.
- Perform a CBC on an instrument and review and interpret data from the instrument.
- Perform peripheral blood smear differentials.
- Describe and recognize normal cellular morphology changes associated with various disease states.
- Integrate hematology panel results with other patient data through the interpretation of case studies.
- Define the process of hemostasis, explain how the coagulation laboratory accesses it, and be able to interpret the laboratory tests used in that assessment.
[Add to Portfolio]