BUS 214 - Customer Service
A comprehensive survey of all aspects of customer service. Analysis of basic principles and practices leading to in-depth consideration of customer service specifics. Topics covered will include measuring customer satisfaction, managing customer service, telephone skills, handling difficult customers, and multicultural customer service. Other areas of customer service will be examined as current circumstances and areas of interest dictate. This course is the capstone course for the customer service certificate program, but is of value to anyone interested in building customer satisfaction and loyalty.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain the role of customer service within an organization.
2. Analyze the customer position as the center of all business activities.
3. Discuss the value of effective customer service to the long term success of an organization.
4. Develop skills and abilities necessary to effectively deal with an increasingly diverse customer base.
5. Develop a personal philosophy relative to the importance and methodology of customer service.
6. Develop a program to initiate an organization-wide commitment to servicing and maintaining the current customer base.
[Add to Portfolio]