MET 280L - Capstone Project
Provides students with the opportunity to work on projects that they will likely encounter in the mechanical enigneering industry. The emphasis will be on working in teams to design and build a component, product or system. Project phases may include conceptual design, detail design, and prototype. The deliverables will include standard documentation to describe the product using industry code, specifications and standards.
Prerequisites: MAT 160 Applied Calculus I and MET 235 Strength of Materials
Corequisites: MET 238 Mechanical Design
3 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Work effectively in a design team.
- Perform an analysis of a problem.
- Determine the product/system operating parameters.
- Produce a conceptual design for the product/system.
- Complete a detailed design of hte product/system including required engineering calculations and industry standard documentation.
- Build a prototype of a component/system.
- Complete acceptance testing of the component/system.
[Add to Portfolio]