Apr 19, 2018
HOS 242 - Hospitality Human Resources
This course provides a contextual background of human resources in the hospitality industry. Effective resourcing of the hospitality industry, development of hospitality human resources, rewards and renumeration, hospitality employment relationships, and discussions of contemporary issues in human resource management in the hospitality industry are presented. Human resource management in multi-site hospitality operations are introduced.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Discuss and understand the background into the hospitality industry's workforce.
- Develop effective job designs, recruitment, selection, appointments and induction for the various hospitality industry resourcing demands.
- Demonstrate an understanding of performance and management development specific to the hospitality industry.
- Critique and describe the special human resource demands for: Responsible Alcohol.
- Discuss and reflect upon labor turnover and workforce stability in various hospitality enterprises.
- Explore hospitality human resource planning and information systems.
- Calculate productivity and labor costs for the hospitality industry.
- Explore and articulate selected hospitality human resource management issues in the international context.
[Add to Portfolio]