Sep 20, 2019
BIT 218 - Data Analytics for Healthcare
Data analytics for heathcare includes the collection and extraction of data, the analysis and presentation of data for quality management, interpretation of data, and the manipulation of data to support decision making. Students in this course will learn the terminology, tools and techniques of data analytics through readings, written exercises, case studies and computer applications. This course will prepare students for entry-level competencies in analytics, decision support, health care statistics, and research methods in health information management.
Prerequisite: BIT 208 IT for Health Care Professionals
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Utilize software in the completion of the HIM processes related to data analytics.
- Explain analytics and decision support.
- Apply report generation technologies to facilitate decision-making.
- Utilize basic descriptive, intuitional and healthcare statictics.
- Analyze data to identify trends.
[Add to Portfolio]