BUS 118 - Business Law I
Law as an evolutionary and democratic process. Topics include torts and criminal law, court structure, ethical issues in business, administrative law, law-of-contracts, legal principles of agency, employment rights and an introduction to business organizations including partnerships.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the basic principles of business law.
2. Discuss the court structures in the United States and identify which court to go to for different types of relief.
3. Compile the sources of law in the U.S. system.
4. Compare torts and negligence law.
5. Study and analyze common law contracts.
6. Apply basic business law knowlege to personal and business transactions.
7. Recognize situations where the services of an attorney should be utilized.
8. Discuss legal forms fo business organizations including partnerships.
9. Apply critical thinking skills in working through issue spotting and legal analysis.
Assessment of outcomes measured by exams, papers, and in-class study discussion.
[Add to Portfolio]