HST 115 - Sanitation and Safety
A course in the fundamentals of restaurant and hotel organization and sanitation. In this certification course the student will learn the control points in food service, the importance of sanitation, and safety procedures.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify factors that affect growth of foodborne bacteria.
- Analyze evidence to determine the presence of foodborne illness outbreaks.
- Identify personal behaviors that can contaminate food.
- Identify methods for preventing cross-contamination.
- Describe the flow of food through an organization.
- Describe and understand the steps to a HAACP plan.
- Recognize the importance of proper cleaning and sanitizing in lodging and foodservice establishments.
- Demonstrate their level of understanding of Basic First Aid/CPR/AED by successfully earning American Heart Association certification.
- Demonstrate their level of understanding of all course materials by successful completion of the ServSafe ® examination.
[Add to Portfolio]