CLT 252L - Advanced Histological Techniques Lab
A practical application of tissue preparation and processing for histological evaluation. The lab exercises are designed for the student to perform fixation, processing, and staining of animal tissue specimens while maintaining appropriate safety precautions and ensuring integrity of specimen.
Corequisite: CLT 252 Advanced Histological Techniques or permission of the department chairperson
2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate proper histological preservation and fixation methods for tissue specimens received for examination and diagnosis.
2. Process, embed, section and stain paraffin embedded tissue.
3. Freeze, section, and stain tissue specimens for rapid diagnosis or special component preservation as an alternative to paraffin techniques.
4. Demonstrate proper lab safety techniques, and biohazard and chemical handling.
5. Describe and demonstrate standard quality assurance procedures in the histological laboratory.
[Add to Portfolio]