Jul 23, 2019
BUS 110 - Introduction to Business
General background of modern business practices through the study of organization and management, production, human resources, accounting and finance, marketing, and the information needed for control and management decisions in business and society.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Outline the philosophy, objectives, ethical, and social responsibilities of businesses..
- Describe the private enterprise system, and explain the factors that drive supply and demand.
- Identify the major global challenges that businesses of the 21st century will face.
- Summarize the basic forms of business ownership and explain the importance of entrepreneurship.
- Describe the difference between management and leadership and identify the skills necessary for managerial and leadership success.
- Explain the importance of human resources and the major responsibilities of the human resources manager.
- Explain the marketing concept and outline the basic steps in developing a marketing strategy.
- Explain the role of management information systems in business.
- Explain the roles of accounting and finance within organizations and their importance to the firm's stakeholders.
- Explain the functions performed by a firms operations manager.
[Add to Portfolio]