May 27, 2020
BUS 108 - Accounting for a Service Business
Introduction to basic accounting procedures. Topics include journals and ledgers, fundamental financial statements, cash and credit transactions, internal control over cash, bank reconciliations and adjustments to cash. Merchandise transactions, special journals, estimating and recording credit losses, payroll procedures, and journal entries. Includes a major project using the computerized accounting program QuickBooks Pro.
4 Class Hours
(May not be used as a prerequisite for BUS 101, see BUS 100)
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to activate QuickBooks and use menus and icons to access software features and tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to Set up and prepare payroll for a small business using QuickBooks.
- Demonstrate the ability to record all bookkeeping transactions for a small business using QuickBooks.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate financial statements using QuickBooks.
- Demonstrate the knowledge commonly used in accounting and QuickBooks terminology.
Add to Portfolio