May 25, 2020
BIT 297 W - Internship
Career-related experience that complements academic preparation in the business technologies area. Interns receive on-the-job experience in a business setting and meet with the internship coordinator as scheduled. Meetings will address resumes, cover letters, interview techniques, appropriate dress and professionalism.
Prerequisite: Departmental approval
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Apply skills and knowldege learned in the Business Technologies program (software, telephone, human relations skills, etc.) to on-the-job experience.
- Prepare a resume in proper format, with emphasis on 100 percent accuracy.
- Prepare daily journals, while on the job, of activities performed--skills and human relations. Journals will be checked by internship coordinator at midpoint and at the end of the internship.
- Submit weekly report of on-the-job experiences to internship coordinator.
- Complete all time reports.
- Submit a final paper as defined in internship letter.
- Compose cover letters and thank-you letters to site supervisors.
Add to Portfolio