LTR 110 S - Critical Literacy
A course designed to improve comprehension and language usage efficiencies required in collegiate level performance. Emphasis on inferential thinking beyond the literal level.
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Evaluate critical literacy and inferential thinking strategies in order to challenge the neutrality of multiple literacies.
2. Formulate written responses to readings using appropriate rhetorical modes.
3. Strategically incorporate multiple literacies into research to bridge comprehension gaps.
4. Practice and develop strategies for producing informed oral arguments.
5. Continue to develop and refine self-regulation and comprehension strategies according to purpose and course content.
[Add to Portfolio]