BIT 208 - IT for Health Care Professionals
This course examines information technology, tools and strategies for health care professionals using case studies, interactive exercises, software tutorials, and health care industry-based projects. This course will introduce concepts, techniques and terminology essential to further studies in the field of health care data analytics. Students will gain experience with spreadsheets and database management systems including an introduction to relational query languages. Students will also be introduced to the core pillars of data analytics: cloud, analytic, mobile and social technologies.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Define the core terminology associated with computing essentials within the medical and health care industry.
2. Define the core terminology associated with spreadsheets, database management systems, and relational query languages.
3. Define the core terminology associated with an introduction to cloud, analytic, mobile and social technologies.
4. Demonstrate the ability to apply software skills to heatlh care related projects in the areas of spreadsheet analysis, database management, and SQL.
5. Demonstrate the ability to use cloud, analytic, mobile and social technology.
[Add to Portfolio]