May 31, 2020
BIT 254 - Introduction to PowerPoint
Learn to create simple text charts, data charts, speaker notes, handouts, and a screen show using a sophisticated graphics software package.
Prerequisite: BIT 101 Computer Keyboarding or the equivalent
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Create, edit, show and print slides using a professional presentation package.
- Create title and bulleted list slides as well as slides using charts to present information.
- Incorporate clip art into slides.
- Add sound and transitional elements to a slide show.
- Add a build effect to a bulleted-list slide.
- Develop an outline for a 10-12 minute slide show presenting information on a topic of their choice.
- Select and create appropriate slides to present information.
- Apply simple design elements to make more attractive and effective slides.
- Present the information to an audience using the slide show to enhance the presentation making it more interesting and effective.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)