BIT 245 - Page Layout Using QuarkXPress
Learn to use this powerful page layout and design software to deliver print, Web, and Flash output. This course teaches students to use software tools productively and covers the essential techniques of creating layouts, using typographic tools, editing images, working with transparency, building tables, creating and applying color, using master pages, and preparing output for print, PDF, Web and Flash. Integration with the Adobe Creatvie Suite will also be covered.
Prerequisite: BIT 108 Introduction to the PC and Windows or the equivalent
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Set up a workspace, tools, and palettes in QuarkXpress to increase productivity.
2. Create new projects including appropriate layout.
3. Produce professional type by applying concepts of typography.
4. Import and edit images.
5. Incorporate transparency, tables, and color into projects.
6. Demonstrate the ability to use master pages.
7. Prepare output for print, PDF, Web and Flash.
8. Integrate QuarkXpress with the Adobe Creative Suite.
[Add to Portfolio]