BIT 240 - Desktop Publishing Using InDesign
Learn the basics of page layout typography, placement of images and desktop publishing. Learn graphic industry standard software to create business cards, letter head, flyers, brochures and other publications that are not only informative but eye-catching. Integrate your InDesign projects with materials created in Photoshop and Illustrator.
Prerequisite: BIT 108 Introduction to the PC and Windows or the equivalent
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Apply graphic design techniques, principles of layout and design, and desktop terminology and applications.
2. Use a professional desktop publishing package to design, create, and print a variety of documents such as flyers, brochures, and newsletters.
3. Combine text and graphics in the creation of the publications.
4. Use panels, styles, layers, frames, and tables.
5. Prepare output on both hard and electronic copy.
6. Integrate data and images from other software applications into the finished publication.
[Add to Portfolio]