BIT 197 W - Cooperative Work Experience
Cooperative work experience is provided for individuals pursuing a certificate program through the Business Information Technology department. On-the-job experience will be related to specific educational background and career goals of the student. Opportunities will be available in a variety of areas. Cooperative Work Experience students will meet with the coordinator on a regular basis. Meetings will address resum
Prerequisite: 12 earned credits in the department
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Apply skills and knowledge learned in the Business Technologies program (software, telephone, human relations skills, etc.) to on-the-job experience.
2. Prepare a resume in proper format, with emphasis on 100 percent accuracy.
3. Prepare daily journals, while on the job, of activities performed–skills and human relations. Journals will be checked by internship coordinator at midpoint and at the end of the internship.
4. Submit weekly report of on-the-job experiences to internship coordinator.
5. Complete all time reports.
6. Submit a final paper as defined in internship letter.
7. Compose cover letters and thank-you letters to site supervisors.
[Add to Portfolio]