BIT 197 W - Cooperative Work Experience
Cooperative work experience is provided for individuals pursuing a certificate program through the Business Information Technology department. On-the-job experience will be related to specific educational background and career goals of the student. Opportunities will be available in a variety of areas. Cooperative Work Experience students will meet with the coordinator on a regular basis. Meetings will address resum
Prerequisite: 12 earned credits in the department
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Apply skills and knowledge learned in the Business Technologies program (software, telephone, human relations skills, etc.) to on-the-job experience.
2. Prepare a resume in proper format, with emphasis on 100 percent accuracy.
3. Prepare daily journals, while on the job, of activities performed--skills and human relations. Journals will be checked by internship coordinator at midpoint and at the end of the internship.
4. Submit weekly report of on-the-job experiences to internship coordinator.
5. Complete all time reports.
6. Submit a final paper as defined in internship letter.
7. Compose cover letters and thank-you letters to site supervisors.
[Add to Portfolio]