BIT 180 - Multimedia for Mobile and Web
An introduction to the computer functions and concepts vital for individuals pursuing careers involving communications and/or multimedia production. A variety of software tools will be explored. Students will be exposed to the PC/Windows environment, the Internet, computer graphics and animation, image editing, principles behind audio and video production, and Web site design basics.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Define key terms and concepts relating to computer-generated multimedia.
2. Describe key functions and features of text, images, video, audio, and animation.
3. Identify, compare, and discuss capabilities and limitations of common software tools used in multimedia projects.
4. Understand the recent history of technologically-based communication and the current issues related to it.
5. Define key terms and concepts relating to computer hardware, computer networks, and the Internet.
6. Create a multimedia proposal and presentation.
[Add to Portfolio]