PED 210 - Exercise Assistant Internship
An introduction to work experiences in fitness setting. With supervised assistance, students will work to obtain knowledge, develop skills, organize and work in a fitness center. Placements will include a collegiate setting (22.5 hours), and also include one local fitness setting in the community (22.5 hours). (1 contact hour = 30 hours in internship, 1.5 contact hours = 45 hours total in internship)
Preprequisite: PED 119 Solutions in Fitness
45 total for internship
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Effectively describe job training, job duties and responsibilities.
2. Investigate and report on procedures followed for employee training, evaluation and advancement.
3. Describe in depth exactly what was learned within the professional experience.
4. Describe and track in writing a personal log of experiences, professional development and personal challenges and successes.
5. Apply skills from professional learning to career experience.
[Add to Portfolio]