PED 160 - History and Philosophy of Physical Education and Sport
This course is devoted to the study of physical education and sport based on major historial events and associated philosophies that have shaped physical education and sport from ancient times to present. We will examine basic concepts and current issues within physical education, athletics, fitness, and wellness. Future trends will be explored.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the notable leaders, educators and philosophies in the area of study.
2. Write or orally present an analysis of current issues and future trends in Physical Education and Sport.
3. Write or orally present an analysis of basic issues and concepts of Kinesiology.
4. Formulate and orally present an in depth research paper of career options in Health, Physical Education, Fitness, Exercise Science or Recreation and Dance the student is considering.
5. Demonstrate how current technology is applied to Kinsiology.
[Add to Portfolio]