BIT 110 - Business English
A comprehensive and functional review of language fundamentals. Students learn to speak and write clearly and correctly by developing proficiency in English language basics. Topics include parts of speech, sentence and paragraph structure, spelling, grammar usage, and punctuation. Internet-based grammar and writing resources will be introduced and integrated.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Apply English grammar rules and identify and use the eight parts of speech in sentence structure.
2. Apply basic sentence construction – including simple, compound, and compound-complex sentences.
3. Apply the basic punctuation rules.
4. Apply the basic capitalization rules.
5. Apply the basic number rules.
6. Be proficient in the use of the Gregg Reference Manual and should be able to apply the appropriate rules to the exercises in the Gregg Reference Manual worksheets.
[Add to Portfolio]