BIT 101 - Computer Keyboarding
Development of basic skills in keying exact copy by touch for three minutes with a maximum of three errors on a personal computer.
Prerequisite: International Students, ENG 107 English as a Second Language Advanced I or permission of the instructor
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Operate the computer keyboard and other machine parts by touch.
2. Assume proper position at the machine for ease of operation and to minimize fatigue.
3. Have developed skill, accuracy, and confidence in using the keyboard.
4. Have developed rhythmic, even stroking.
5. Submit an acceptable timing at a minimun speed of 20 gross words per minute with 3 or less errors for 3 minutes to receive an S grade.
6. Apply proofreading techniques. Any timed writing paper containing proofreading mistakes will not be considered for credit.
[Add to Portfolio]