Oct 22, 2020
BIT 101 - Computer Keyboarding
Development of basic skills in keying exact copy by touch for three minutes with a maximum of three errors on a personal computer.
Prerequisite: International Students, ENG 107 English as a Second Language Advanced I or permission of the instructor
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Operate the computer keyboard and other machine parts by touch.
- Assume proper position at the machine for ease of operation and to minimize fatigue.
- Have developed skill, accuracy, and confidence in using the keyboard.
- Have developed rhythmic, even stroking.
- Submit an acceptable timing at a minimum speed of 20 gross words per minute with 3 or less errors for 3 minutes to receive an S grade.
- Apply proofreading techniques. Any timed writing paper containing proofreading mistakes will not be considered for credit.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)