Oct 19, 2019
BIT 100 - Keyboarding I
Development of basic keyboarding techniques and skill building activities in order to attain speed and accuracy in keying exact copy by touch for 5 minutes with a maximum of 5 errors.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Operate the computer keyboard by touch.
- Assume proper position at the computer for ease of operation and to minimize fatigue.
- Demonstrate developed skill, accuracy, and confidence in using the computer keyboard and software.
- Demonstrate developed rhythmic, even stroking.
- Have completed and submitted all lessons and supplementary drills in appropriate learning management system in order to achieve maximum success.
- Have submitted TWO acceptable timings at a minimum speed of 21 gross words per minute with 3 or fewer errors for 3 minutes.
- Have submitted TWO acceptable timings at a minimum speed of 31 net words per minute with 5 or fewer errors for 5 minutes.
- Apply proofreading techniques. Any timed writing copy containing proofreading errors will not be considered for credit.
[Add to Portfolio]