BIT 100 - Keyboarding I
Development of basic keyboarding techniques and skill building activities in order to attain speed and accuracy in keying exact copy by touch for 5 minutes with a maximum of 5 errors.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Operate the computer keyboard by touch.
2. Assume proper position at the computer for ease of operation and to minimize fatigue.
3. Demonstrate developed skill, accuracy, and confidence in using the computer keyboard and software.
4. Demonstrate developed rhythmic, even stroking.
5. Have completed and submitted all lessons and supplementary drills in appropriate learning management system in order to achieve maximum success.
6. Have submitted TWO acceptable timings at a minimum speed of 21 gross words per minute with 3 or fewer errors for 3 minutes.
7. Have submitted TWO acceptable timings at a minimum speed of 31 net words per minute with 5 or fewer errors for 5 minutes.
8. Apply proofreading techniques. Any timed writing copy containing proofreading errors will not be considered for credit.
[Add to Portfolio]